Viscera

Step back and take a look for yourself.
You think you know this man.
You fight to gain this soul; you think you know.

Your lies have brought me down; you’ve brought me down.
But you don’t know this man.
You don’t know.

These limbs of flesh and blood –
they pulse.
You are less than the dirt beneath my feet.

You.
You are nothing.
You cannot control me, you slime.

Try to bring this man down.
I’ll watch.
I’ll watch you fail.

You speak a language of lies;
I’ll watch you die.

If you think you can win,
you haven’t met my Father.

He will avenge me.
We will splatter the walls with the shades of your insides;
He and I.

You think you know.
You know nothing.

I’ve heard you long enough.
I’ll stitch your jaws shut –
I’ll watch you bleed.

You are empty.
You are nothing.

You think you know this man.

I know who I am.
I am a son of the King.

I am enough.

I’ll brave the terrors of this earth
and fight.

My knuckles will bleed,
my bones will break.
But I will always be enough.

Watch me again,
you thing in chains.
Don’t you know Who put you there?

There is one thing you know.
You tremble.
You break.

He will rip out your knees,
and impale you on a stake.

He will run you dry
and tear out your eyes.

I’ll watch you break;
I’ll watch you fall.

Never forget –

you are nothing at all.






* * * * * * * * *

“Consider this, you who forget God,
Or I will tear you to pieces…”
-- Psalm 50:22


“You are my help and my deliverer;
You are my God, do not delay.”
-- Psalm 40


“I waited patiently for the Lord;
He turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
Out of the mud and mire;
He set my feet on a rock
And gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
A hymn of praise to our God.”
-- Psalm 40

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safe

Dangerous Faith

See